Re: [hylafax-users] Coverpage blues

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:33:47 +0100
Jaap Winius <jwinius@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> For days now I've been trying to produce a working cover page for my
> Hylafax v4.2.0 server (Debian sarge), but I still can't get the
> comments to show up. Perhaps someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
> Below is an example of my efforts: a test page made with tgif v4.1.43
> that's only supposed to print 'Comments:' followed by the actual
> comments (message body) a line or two beneath. From what I've read it's
> supposed to work like this, but every time I add those six lines near
> the end that contain the 'comments BreakIntoLines' statement, the other
> side receives nothing but a blank cover page.

Everything seems fine from my end.

I pasted the lines that you included in your message into a text editor
and then saved it as a PostScript file (coverpg.ps).  Then I created a
coverpage using HylaFAX's faxcover:

faxcover -C coverpg.ps -c "Hello World\nHow are you?" -f"X" -n"X" > testpg.ps

(The -f and -n options are necessary even though only the "Comments"
field is defined in the coverpg.ps file)

The testpg.ps was then converted to TIFF using ghostscript:

gs -sDEVICE=tiffg3 -r204x196 -sPAPERSIZE=letter -sOUTPUTFILE=testpg.tif testpg.ps

The result is a file ready for faxing containing the comments provided
by the faxcover command.

Are you having HylaFAX automatically prepare the cover page?

You may want to do it manually by supplying a prepared cover page to
the sendfax command:

sendfax options coverpg.ps page1.ps page2.ps ...

Frank Peters