Re: [hylafax-users] FaxQueuer: JOB xxxx: CONVERT DOCUMENT: exit status 0xff00

> On 2004.12.23 09:47 Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> > To keep the /var mounted noexec, I moved the whole hylafax/bin
> > subdirectory to the more apropriate /usr/local/libexec/hylafax and put a
> > symbolic link  in place. /usr/local is usually mounted readonly here
> > (unlike /var and /tmp, which are not expected to have executables).
>
> Can, for example, faxgetty (which chroots to the spool directory)
> traverse a symlink to get to those scripts?

Mmm, probably not, good point. But what scripts does it need? notify and
wedged? You can tell, we don't receive faxes here :-) ...

Anyway, my main complaint was about HylaFax ignoring the conversion error and
proceeding to treat the job as successfully sent, even though it never even
talked to the modem about it.

	-mi