Re: [hylafax-users] Resizing tiff images for faxing

Sebastian Flothow wrote:

> Am 19. Dez 2004 um 09:17 Uhr schrieb Matt:
> > Error: /invalidfileaccess in --.outputpage--
> >
> >  This is the first two page doc. Tried tiff2ps | ghostscript, but get
> > the
> > above error.
> > [...]
> > BTW, whether I compress and
> > concatenate the tiff's as none, g3 or g4 with tiffcp, it makes no
> > difference to the result. Single page output also does the same.
>
> So, are there any files for which it actually works? Maybe your tiff2ps
> or ghostscript is just broken?

 Not that I know of. Ironically, you can never find another tiff to test
with when you want one :) Have tried it one two machines, with a mix of GS
7.07 & 8.15, Tiff versions 3.5.7 & 3.6.0. I don't know whether the output
tiff from Sane is the problem, or what. I have attached a tgz file with a
single page output straight from a scan. No conversion or anything.
 Any other type of conversion, editing with other programmes, works fine.
It just refuses to go through GS for resizing/formatting.

Thanks once again,

Matt