[hylafax-users] Resizing tiff images for faxing

 Sorry for the length of this post chaps, but does anyone have any
suggestions on how to convert a multipage tiff to a faxable size without
ghostscript throwing a wobbler with the following error?

Error: /invalidfileaccess in --.outputpage--

 This is the first two page doc. Tried tiff2ps | ghostscript, but get the
above error.

TIFF Directory at offset 0xcafa
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 1696 Image Length: 2338
  Resolution: 200, 200 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 3
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 38
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
TIFF Directory at offset 0x198ba
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 1696 Image Length: 2338
  Resolution: 200, 200 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 3
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 38
  Planar Configuration: single image plane

 This is the second two page doc. Same errors as above.

TIFF Directory at offset 0x110462
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 2544 Image Length: 3507
  Resolution: 300, 300 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 3507
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
TIFF Directory at offset 0x220992
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 2544 Image Length: 3507
  Resolution: 300, 300 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 1
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
  FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 3507
  Planar Configuration: single image plane

 These are scanned in images, 200 and 300 dpi respectively, but I can't
find a way to resize to standard A4 fax size.

 Any suggestions would be most welcome. BTW, whether I compress and
concatenate the tiff's as none, g3 or g4 with tiffcp, it makes no
difference to the result. Single page output also does the same.

 Hylafax also throws an error due to ghostscript if they are sent
directly.

Cheers,

Matt