Re: [hylafax-users] Dial pause

Am 17. Dez 2004 um 13:54 Uhr schrieb Gilles:
I prepended "0," to the phone number, but in the the status
file (in the "sendq" directory), the comma wasn't there
anymore, so I wonder whether the number was really dialled
correctly.

Check the session log in the "log" directory, it should contain the dial command exactly as sent to the modem.

"Ring-back detected, no answer (timeout)", or

No idea what this means.

"Line busy", and finally,

Well... the line is busy.

"Blacklisted by modem".

The modem won't call the number any more, due to too many unsuccessful tries. This behavior is required in some countries (e.g. Germany); however, on many modems the country configuration can be switched with appropriate initialization commands.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.