[hylafax-users] Dial pause

Hello.

I'm using HylaFAX 1:4.2.0-13 (Debian testing/unstable)
with a "class2" modem (no make).

The receiving part of the setup works.

But I can't send.
I think that it is related to the fact that, in order to
obtain an external line, I need to first dial '0', followed
by a pause.

I prepended "0," to the phone number, but in the the status
file (in the "sendq" directory), the comma wasn't there
anymore, so I wonder whether the number was really dialled
correctly.

HylaFAX tried 7 times during which the "status:" line
indicated:
"Ring-back detected, no answer (timeout)", or
"Line busy", and finally,
"Blacklisted by modem".
[What do these mean, where is it documented?]

What am I missing?

Thanks and best regards,
Gilles