Re: [hylafax-users] Limit Transmit Speed for VOIP faxes

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:56:33 -0800 (PST), CG <cgg007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hylafax 4.1.7 ...
>
>I'm trying to get HylaFax to use our VOIP line to fax out. I'm having a problem
>where the received fax is missing lines. Tech support said to lower the
>baudrate and try that. I see plenty of options in the documentation to set the
man sendfax:
  -B speed
Try  to transmit facsimile documents using the desired sig-
nalling rate.  Possible speeds are: 2400, 4800, 7200, 9600,
12000,  14400,  16800,  19200,  21600, 24000, 26400, 28800,
31200, and 33600.  If the specified speed is  greater  than
the  transmitting  modem  or  receiver is capable of, it is
reduced to the highest possible speed both devices support.

That is equivalent to  DesiredSpeed   param in /etc/hylafax/hyla.conf

>Is there any better strategy for faxing over VOIP?
You could try upgrading to 2.0 which has error correction for class1/1.0
faxing.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx