Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with a Devolo Micolink 56k FunII

On 2004.11.18 00:09 Matthias Reich wrote:

this does only happen to certain receivers, as I found out in the logs
the remote equipment identifies itself as:

NSF remote fax equipment: Brother Intellifax 770

or just

NSF remote fax equipment: Brother

When I compare the logs, I can find a difference in the HDLC-lines,
not
knowing what the are good for

comparing these two log, I can only find a difference in the
HDLC-lines.
HDLC<6:FF C8 C1 00 45 14> -> successful
HDLC<6:FF C8 C1 00 44 1E> -> not successful

Well, one is the CFR signal (indicates successful). The other is the FTT (failure to train) signal. These signals come from the receiver; the receiver decides which to send based on the TCF signal and the DCS signal that we sent to them.

Is that what is causing the failures, and if yes, how can I avoid it
in
future.
In the one case the training succeeded, in the (br)other-case the
modem sends
AT+FTS=7 instead.

HylaFAX sends AT+FTS=7 to the modem to transmit periods of silence. This is always required.

Please set "TracingMask: 0x11" in your modem config file (for receiver and sender) on the line right before "SessionTracing: 0xFFF" and then send a fax using this modem to another HylaFAX receiver. Please send both the receive session log and the send session log. I will need to analyze the TCF signal on the receiver-side to determine what it is that is possibly causing the Brother fax machines to complain about it.

Thanks.

Lee.