Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax und DIVA Server BRI

Am 2004.10.27 15:15 schrieb(en) Lutz Rethberg:
I'm one of the users with the "Modem ttyds01...: Waiting for modem to
come ready " and "modem on /dev/ttys101 appears wedged" - problem.
ISDN-Test with tty_test is OK. faxaddmodem found a class 2 modem - I didn't recognice problems. I didn't understand some question and took in this case the default.

Does this ISDN card emulate a fax modem on a tty device? Or do you use CAPI and capi4hylafax? Or other special programs provided by the manufacturer?

There are lines in /etc/inittab:
mo1:35:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyds01
mo2:35:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyds02

I don't know if this is correct for your ISDN card. If you use capi4hylafax, faxgetty must not run.

In /var/log/mgetty.ttyds01 I found:
10/26 13:21:58 ##### failed in mg_init_data, dev=ttyds02, pid=17813

I would expect to see the same device name in these two lines.

You tell us that faxgetty processes are started by init and then show error messages from a mgetty logfile. Do you use a both faxgetty and mgetty on the same device?

Bodo