Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax und DIVA Server BRI

Am 2004.10.27 16:24 schrieb(en) Lutz Rethberg:

Bodo Meissner wrote:
> Do you use a both faxgetty and mgetty on the same device?

Yes - but I can cancel the mgetty if you think its better.

If you have both getty processes running _at_the_same_time_ they might get confused. It's possible that one of these sends commands to the modem and the other reads the echo or the modem's answer.

It's possible to use a combination of mgetty and faxgetty if you want both incoming faxes and incoming data calls un the same line. In this case, I think, faxgetty is started first and hands the device over to a mgetty or something like that. This is not well documented and I don't know any details.

To receive faxes only, you definitely should disable the mgetty processes.

Bodo