Re: [hylafax-users] Unspecified Phase D error AND Ring detected without successful handshake !?

--- Kónya Balázs <b.konya@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> I get this error and black page after some received
> faxes.
>

> Debian; Hylafax 4.2.0; Class; rtscts; 19200;
> (libtiff4-3.6.1-1.1)

You shouldn't be using that libtiff if you are not
aware it is patched.

> Maybe is the problem with libtiff ??

For black pages yes, the rest no.

People, I've been helping Konia the best I could. I
recommended him(?) Class1+xonxoff, checking the line
conditions and switching lines between the fax machine
and the server. As a side note, he is behind a PBX.
The modem he's using is one of the latest from Zyxel.
for what I could found in the mailling list, seems
that Zyxel modems work usually in Class2+rtscts. I
recommended him to check the serial port too. I guess
this should't be happening

Oct 20 03:57:09.62: [28263]: --> [14:+FPS:1,2,0,0,0]

Shoud we blame the modem's firmware?