Re: [hylafax-users] Modem test/change

On 2004.09.17 12:02 rortgiesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I have current hyla running on Redhat es.  Using 4 USB Multitech
modems
MT5634ZBA-USB, all working great (class 1).  We decided to get one of
the
newer MT5634ZBA-USB-V92 modems to see if any of our clients are using
the
higher speed fax machines.  We just unplugged the "older" modem, and
plugged in the "newer" one.  Since the modems are nearly identical,
Hylafax
picked up on it, and started using the newer modem with no effort on
our
part.  I have noticed however no faxes of the nearly 800 sent since
the
modem was swapped have been sent at a higher speed.  Do I need to
rerun
faxaddmodem?

Yes, or you need to manually alter your modem config file to use Class 1.0, change ModemRate, and add Class1EnableV34Cmd.

Do I need to somehow tell it to be able to use the higher
speed?

Yes, as indicated. Make sure you're using HylaFAX 4.2.0.

Or is it just my luck that no clients so far have a higher
speed fax
machine?

Your "luck" will vary, but in some cases I see 50% of the fax pool supporting V.34-Fax. In other cases, only 10%.

Lee.