[hylafax-users] modem disconnects after connecting to other modem

Using Hylafax 4.1.8 on Slackware 8 with a Hayes Accura 33.6K external modem.

I can get it to dial out fine.  When it connects to another fax machine it handshakes then disconnects.

Has anyone experienced this?  I'm still new to Linux so if you need any logs posted let me know.  Thanks.