Re: [hylafax-users] libtiff3g

> I have read on this list that libtiff3g version 3.6.* is broken?

Correct.

> People
> have reported strange tiff output describing black streaks with no
eligible
> text in the tiff.  I am having this problem myself with libtiff3g version
> 3.6.1-1 installed.

Correct.

> I'm not certain though that it is libtiff3g that is causing the problem
> because I still receive 90% of the faxes with no problems.  If the
libtiff3g
> was in fact broken wouldn't all of my tiffs be scrambled?

Not all tiffs would be scrambled, no. It would depend upon the session
parameters.

> Hylafax doesn't
> report any problems during transmission and the sender believes the fax
was
> a success.  Therefore I believe that the faxes are being received properly
> and this error occurs during the encoding phase of the tiff image.

Which would suggest libtiff, ... right?

> My question then, is libtiff3g causing my problem or should I look
> elsewhere?

It would seem you have all the information you need to answer that question.
Downgrade libtiff, and if the problem goes away, you have your answer ;-)

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer