[hylafax-users] libtiff3g

Greetings list,

I have read on this list that libtiff3g version 3.6.* is broken?  People
have reported strange tiff output describing black streaks with no eligible
text in the tiff.  I am having this problem myself with libtiff3g version
3.6.1-1 installed.
I'm not certain though that it is libtiff3g that is causing the problem
because I still receive 90% of the faxes with no problems.  If the libtiff3g
was in fact broken wouldn't all of my tiffs be scrambled?  Hylafax doesn't
report any problems during transmission and the sender believes the fax was
a success.  Therefore I believe that the faxes are being received properly
and this error occurs during the encoding phase of the tiff image.

My question then, is libtiff3g causing my problem or should I look
elsewhere?

Thanx,

-steve