Re: [hylafax-users] Send Fax from VMS (HELP! More questions!)

This ended up to be a good solution.  After we dug into hylafax's FTP
protocol, and looked a lot closer at what has to happen to send a fax, we
decided to create a directory into which our VMS systems drops a text file
to be faxed, along with a second file that contains cover page info (To
name, fax number, from name, etc).  A daemon runs on the hylafax server that
watches for these files to appear and sends them via sendfax.  Works like a
charm... EXCEPT:

Most of the faxes we send are 132 column text, and traditionally we have
faxed them on landscape oriented, legal sized paper.  The above method seems
to want to wrap the text and squeeze it onto a portrait, letter sized page.
:o(

My daemon could easily be modified to tell whether a given file needs
portrait A4, or landscape legal.  How can I tell sendfax what I want?

JM