Re: [hylafax-users] pdf zero length

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, cc wrote:

> Basically, given the following lines in the bin/faxrcvd script:
>
> $TIFF2PS -2 -a -O $FILE.ps $FILE 2>/dev/null # fax2ps looks bad
> $PS2PDF -g$GW\x$GL -r$RW\x$RL $FILE.ps $FILE.pdf  2>/dev/null
> $MIMENCODE $FILE.pdf 2>/dev/null
> $RM -f $FILE.ps $FILE.pdf 2>/dev/null

Up at the top of the script, look to see what $TIFF2PS and $PS2PDF are
set to: it's easy to guess that they're set to tiff2ps and ps2pdf, but
I've seen $TIFF2PS set to fax2ps and other oddities.

That would make some of the parameters invalid.

> After executing these commands, the resulting PDF is valid(ie. non
> zero), but has the top of the fax truncated a bit.

I would bet that your issue is with one of those two commands

> So, I directed my thoughts on the attachment process.  I changed
> the MIMENCODE=mimencode to MIMENCODE=bin/uuencode_it as given by
> some ML archive suggestions, and ran the faxrcvd line both as
> root and uucp.  Neither worked.  But I think to myself, "But
> if I can use mimencode with tif files, I don't see why pdf files
> should not work."  So I redirected my attention back to the whole
> process and subsequently back to square one.

The only other thing I can think of is to check that metamail is
installed.

Hope this helps

Bill