Re: [hylafax-users] pdf zero length

Bill Binko wrote:

$TIFF2PS -2 -a -O $FILE.ps $FILE 2>/dev/null # fax2ps looks bad
$PS2PDF -g$GW\x$GL -r$RW\x$RL $FILE.ps $FILE.pdf  2>/dev/null
$MIMENCODE $FILE.pdf 2>/dev/null
$RM -f $FILE.ps $FILE.pdf 2>/dev/null

Up at the top of the script, look to see what $TIFF2PS and $PS2PDF are
set to: it's easy to guess that they're set to tiff2ps and ps2pdf, but
I've seen $TIFF2PS set to fax2ps and other oddities.

TIFF2PS=tiff2ps PS2PDF=ps2pdf

There is a setting for FAX2PS, but I don't see it being used
anywhere in the script.

I would bet that your issue is with one of those two commands

Well, if I go down to the default behaviour of the "if ... else" condition, and change the FAX2PS line to a TIFF2PS line(copy from the pdf instance), I get zero bytes.

The only other thing I can think of is to check that metamail is
installed.

Yup. Metamail is installed.

Here's one particular perturbing thing that I discovered.
At the end of the following code:

$TIFF2PS -2 -a -O $FILE.ps $FILE 2>/dev/null # fax2ps looks bad
$PS2PDF -g$GW\x$GL -r$RW\x$RL $FILE.ps $FILE.pdf  2>/dev/null
$MIMENCODE $FILE.pdf 2>/dev/null
$RM -f $FILE.ps $FILE.pdf 2>/dev/null

I commented out the $RM line and checked the results when
I faxed a document to the line.

For some reasons, I can see the .ps file, but there weren't
any .pdf file.  So the TIFF2PS works, but something is wrong
with either the commandline of the $PS2PDF or something else.

I'll continue my debugging and return to this ML with the
results.

Ed