Re: [hylafax-users] munged faxes (fixed)

Greets!

I have fixed the problem and now everything works flawlessly!
I am so happy!

FWiW, here's what I did(I only mention libtiff and ghostscript
as these two packages seemed to be giving me the most grief):

1) Removed all references to libtiff v3.6.1's libraries and
   executables (/usr/local/bin/tiff*)
2) Recompiled, and reinstalled libtiff v3.5.7
3) Removed ghostscript 8.01 directory from /usr/share/ghostcript
4) Installed ghostscript 8.14
5) Deleted the config.cache in the hylafax source root directory.
6) Re-configured and recompiled.

And wa-lah! C'est fini!

And yes, RTFM is a definite must!   While it could've specified
where one could get a 'patched' libtiff v3.6.1, but who cares?
v3.5.7 works, so I ain't complaining.

Now, I'm hoping to get the PDF attachment working.  I keep on
getting zero byte pdf attachment.  I've manually tried out the
tiff2ps and ps2pdfrw apps and manually running these commands
produces a readable PDF (albeit, a bit of the top has been
prematurely severed...)

Would anyone know what to do?

Ed

Thanks Lee!