[hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.2.0rc2 & faxrcvd troubles

Greetings,

recently I removed my binary installation of Hylafax 4.1.8 and installed
Hylafax 4.2.0rc2 from source in order to correct some problems with my
multitech modem.  The installation was successful except for the faxrcvd
script which seems to send a tiff attachment with a 0kb size.  Once I
replaced the new faxrcvd script with the old one everything seems to work
fine.  My question is, am I loosing out on any features by using the old
script? and also, why would the script not work from a clean installation?

here are the versions of the scripts:
new script which doesn't seem to work for me: faxrcvd.sh.in,v 1.17
old script which works fine: faxrcvd.sh.in,v 1.9

TIA

Steve