Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.2.0rc2 & faxrcvd troubles

On 2004.07.28 14:17 Steve Melo wrote:
Greetings,

recently I removed my binary installation of Hylafax 4.1.8 and
installed
Hylafax 4.2.0rc2 from source in order to correct some problems with my
multitech modem.  The installation was successful except for the
faxrcvd
script which seems to send a tiff attachment with a 0kb size.  Once I
replaced the new faxrcvd script with the old one everything seems to
work
fine.  My question is, am I loosing out on any features by using the
old
script?

Some bugfixes, that's all. Probably nothing you'll notice. Most of the changes had to do with supporting uuencode natively rather than requiring metamail.

and also, why would the script not work from a clean
installation?

Depending on the circumstances, you may need to re-run faxsetup after upgrading to 4.2.0 in order to get certain environment settings configured in setup.cache. We tried to make it backwards-compatible, but apparently we've missed your situation. How was your old faxrcvd doing attachments, with uuencode_it or with mimencode?

Lee.