Re: [hylafax-users] RocketModem111 support

On 2004.07.28 09:40 "Phillips, Steve M. (IA)" wrote:
I am running a RocketModem III and I get many T.30 T2 timeouts.

That's what the resulting errors usually looked like here, also. I also noticed that given an unfortunate set of occurrances, the modem would lock up ("wedged" modem), and I would have to reboot the machine in order to get the modem functional. Simply unloading+reloading the rocket module didn't seem to always help. I strongly suspect that disabling V.17 would prevent the errors from occurring. That can be done (in 4.2.0) by placing these in your modem config file:

Class1TMQueryCmd: "!3,24,48,96"
Class1RMQueryCmd: "!3,24,48,96"

Although admittedly that's quite a shame to have to do that.

I ended up adding an external modem to the system and putting the main fax line into that modem. The other lines get rarely used and still go into the RocketModem III. Usually ECM is able to work through the V.17 problem, but sometimes I still have to reboot.

I am
patiently waiting for Comtrol's fix.

Well, I won't mention how long I've been "patiently" waiting. I did recently get some new firmware from Comtrol to test, but it didn't seem to help any. I'm in the process of replacing the RocketModem III with a RocketModem II as I've given up hope of a fix anytime soon.

Lee.