Re: [hylafax-users] Problems installing hylafax on a RedHat 9 server

On 2004.07.22 01:14 Jose Miguel Lopez-Coronado wrote:

More problems.
The above comment worked even for version 4.1.8. But, as there is
allways a but, now I've found the following making the program:
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lfaxutil
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[3]: *** [faxmsg] Error 1
make[3]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lfaxutil
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[3]: *** [faxmodem] Error 1
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lfaxutil
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[3]: *** [faxadduser] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
make[2]: Saliendo directorio
`/home/chemi/cosas/progs/hylafax-4.2.0rc2/util'
make[1]: *** [dirs] Error 2
make[1]: Saliendo directorio `/home/chemi/cosas/progs/hylafax-4.2.0rc2'
make: *** [default] Error 2

I do not know whether you can understand the spanish messages in the
result, but in brief it comes to say that lfaxutil cannot be found in
/usr/bin/ld. My answer is: isn't lfaxutil installed by hylafax? if so,
how can it be needed for compiling hylafax?
I understand less and less of this process.

I'm not certain, but I suspect that you need to put the place where the HylaFAX shared object files into the ld search path. I think that you can add the paths to /etc/ld.so.conf and then rerun ldconfig.

Lee.