Re: [hylafax-users] Problems installing hylafax on a RedHat 9 server

El jue, 22 de 07 de 2004 a las 08:57, Lee Howard escribió:

Because someone (probably RedHat) internationalized your gcc version
report to be "versión" instead of "version".

On line 788 of configure change

     sed -n -e '/[Vv]ersion/s/.*  ....

to be

     sed -n -e '/[Vv]ersi[^n]*n/s/.* ....

That should do it for your variation of the internationalization, but
if RedHat has translated "version" into many different languages, then
we're going to need to do something more radical for others.

Lee.

More problems.
The above comment worked even for version 4.1.8. But, as there is allways a but, now I've found the following making the program:
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lfaxutil
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[3]: *** [faxmsg] Error 1
make[3]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lfaxutil
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[3]: *** [faxmodem] Error 1
/usr/bin/ld: no se puede encontrar -lfaxutil
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[3]: *** [faxadduser] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
make[2]: Saliendo directorio `/home/chemi/cosas/progs/hylafax-4.2.0rc2/util'
make[1]: *** [dirs] Error 2
make[1]: Saliendo directorio `/home/chemi/cosas/progs/hylafax-4.2.0rc2'
make: *** [default] Error 2

I do not know whether you can understand the spanish messages in the result, but in brief it comes to say that lfaxutil cannot be found in /usr/bin/ld. My answer is: isn't lfaxutil installed by hylafax? if so, how can it be needed for compiling hylafax?
I understand less and less of this process.

Thanks for bearing me and my compiling problems.
--
Jose Miguel Lopez-Coronado <jmlopez@xxxxxxxxxxx>