From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lee Howard
Sent: 26 May 2004 16:22
To: Peter Halliday
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] modem banks

On 2004.05.26 07:44 Peter Halliday wrote:
> Currently we use Cyclade cards with 8 external modems each to perform
> our
> faxing.  We are trying to investigate ways to improve this setup.
> Individual modems is definately not the way we would like to go.  Does
> hylafax work with any modem banks?

MultiTech ISI
Mainpine RockForce
Perle equipment
Comtrol RocketModem (I or II but not III)
Equinox Multimodem

All of these will work very well in Class 1, the first three will also
work well in Class 1.0 (use HylaFAX 4.2.0).  I have no personal
experience with Perle equipment, just second-hand information.

Other available options that I do not recommend are:

Comtrol RocketModem III
Digi AccelePort RAS

The former has bizarre modulator issues that I have not isolated yet,
and the latter has broken Class 1 support, and the Class 2/2.0 support
has many bugs.  These all should be "fixed" by some later firmware...
but how long before the firmware is available is a good question.

Lee.