[hylafax-users] Three Configuration Questions . . .

Hey folks:

I have just rebuilt our server after a recent catastophic hard drive
crash.  This is my fifth and smoothest installation of hylafax so far.
I now have the server functioning smoothly, both sending and receiving.
But I have a few questions I was hoping folks here could help me with.

Our two fax-modem setup is connected to our two lines in the office.
One is our dedicated fax line (except when I'm desparate for another
voice line) and published as our incoming fax line.  We pay a small flat
monthly fee for it, plus by-the-minute for outgoing calls.  The other
line is our incoming voice line, which we pay a larger flat monthly fee
for, giving us unlimited outgoing calls.

I want to set up our two modems so the one on the dedicated fax line
will both send and receive (it already does) and the other one
which I want to connect to the voice line will be used only for
sending. I need for that modem on the voice line to never answer the
phone with a fax tone (or any other way for that matter).

When I have a broadcast fax job to send (sometimes of a 100 or 200
numbers at a time), I want to be able to make a choice job-by-job
whether to incur the per-minute charges (to get our message out by a
deadline) or to use only the modem on the voice line which costs us
nothing for outgoing.  Those broadcast jobs are run by a perl script
which builds a faxlist.txt file from a database which is then used for a
-z command line argument.

Question #1)
How do I accomplish this modem-by-modem configuration?  Should I use
`faxstate -s down ttyS0` to avoid using the costly phone line, and then
`faxstate -s ready ttyS0` when the job is complete?  If I do this, does
that disable it from being able to answer an incoming fax?  Is this a
toggle I have to manually switch every time.  The perl script builds
the job and hands it off to the hylafax server.  If I switch the
faxstate back to ready as a part of the perl script, it won't affect
the jobs when the server starts faxing the job out.  How about making
sure that the modem on ttyS1 never answers the incoming voice calls.
What does that take?

--------

I have read man faxrcvd, the facrcvd script (as best I can) as well as
the FAQ at:
	http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q313.html

But I am still unsure how to set it up the server so that every incoming
fax gets both printed locally and converted to a pdf and emailed to me.

Question #2)
How would I accomplish this?  Will adding this line to etc/FaxDispatch
handle the email part?
	SENDTO=hesco@xxxxxxxxxx; FILETYPE=pdf;; # all faxes as .pdf'
Even if I discard all those case statements in the man page sample?
Where in the faxrcvd script would I add the print command?  Do I need to
frame that print command as a pipe that converts the incoming tiff to ps
to pdf to get it prepared for the printer?

--------

I mistakenly created a user without a password, having the same userID
as my own user with a password.  Attempts to use faxdeluser yield a
"command not found" error when invoked as root, even though I have a man
page for the command.  The Debian Packages search engine tells me "Can't
find that file, at least not in that distribution and on that
architecture" when searching for the utility in the testing
distribution.  locate yields only the man page.

Question #3)
Can I just delete the extra line with the password-less user in
etc/hosts.hfaxd without corrupting the installation, somehow?

-- Hugh Esco