Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] Re: How to change the MaxTries

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:27:12 +0530, "Priya" <priya@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I got the latest cvs code and installed it in RH 9.
>when i tried to increase the mac tries to 10 by changing the hyla.conf and
>sent a fax, max attempt was 3 only so i changed the code so that the default
maxtries can be set in hyla.conf (be sure to use the right hyla.conf, the
path may be different depending on how you installed HylaFAX) and
/var/spool/hylafax/config.
There's some kind of relationship between them, something like one is the
maximum (maybe config) and the other is what client requests, but I'm not
sure, you should check this out so that you don't have to edit source code.

As for jobs being aborted before maxtries, consider that maxtries is not the
only one responsible for this, you have to take into account MaxDials and
NoCarrierRetrys (basically, if you always get nocarrier it aborts avoiding
new calls, which it would do in case of BUSY or similar).

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx