Re: [hylafax-users] Do I need to configure anything special to get 2D-MMR+ECM in Class 1 on CVS?

> If you removed the INFO entry, you will get 1D-MH.

Ahhhh... I see my error.  In my paranoia that "stale configuration data" was
being re-used, I kept deleting this between my tests.  Hrmph.

> Once it knows that the receiver can handle 2D-MR
> and 2D-MMR, (it saves it in the info entry), it will use the best format
> for following calls.

Got it.  That's sensible of it.

What I always wondered though, is that transcoding tiff files is extremely
fast on modern machines (sub-second execution times)...  this could be done
"on-the-fly" (even atomically as a file operation just prior to reading the
.tiff files) without breaking anything, no?

> Can you check that once 2D-MR is in the info file, it will attempt to
> use it on sending?

Will do!

=R=