[hylafax-users] PDFs look grey on screen, but well on printout (with Acrobat Reader 4)

Hello world,

I have a little Problem with received faxes. They are converted with ps2pdf
into PDF-Files.

The files look great on the screen with Acrobat Reader 5 or 6, but they are
grey and unreadable on Acrobat 4. (It's not a result of too extreme
compression. There are grey faces all over the page where text-lines should be.)

If i printout the files with Acrobat 4, the result is fine.

I tried to convert the PS-File with Acrobat Distiller, but the result is
similar: bad on 4, fine on 5 and 6. So i think the PS-file is malformed?

Does anybody of you know this problem? What can i do? Many thanks for your
help.

Maybe I could have found this in the archives ver often, but i did not know
what to search for...sorry for that.

Thanks againg and best regards

Ralph