Re: [hylafax-users] Do I need to configure anything special to get 2D-MMR+ECM in Class 1 on CVS?

* An Intrepid HylaFax User <hylafax@xxxxxxxxx> [031017 03:35]:
> What a bummer.
>
> I just downloaded the CVS version of HFAX.... upgraded the binaries on my
> home faxserver, and did a test fax from my Multi-Tech ZBA (running in Class
> 2.1) box running on a 4.1.7 installation.
>
> Not only did I *NOT* see ECM, but the negotiated compression was 1D-MH!!!!
> With HylaFAX 4.1.5 on the receiving end (what was running before), at least
> it was managing 2D-MR.
>
> Do I need to sprinkle magic into the config.modem file?
>
> My libtiff's on both boxes are 3.5.7 with LZW compression packs.
>
> According to the logs, the SENDER (Multi-tech ZBA box) didn't want to send
> 2DMMR!!!  Which is really odd, because I have tons of outgoing logs from
> this machine which have been in 2d-MR and 2d-mmr!
>
> And yes, I removed the old info/ file on the sender's side, though even THAT
> said 2d-MR was indicated as supported.  I killed both sides' faxgetty's and
> faxq's to ensure no stale configs, etc, etc.
>
> Did I pick a bad night to download the CVS?  Or did I miss something that's
> probably in a FAQ somewhere?

If you removed the INFO entry, you will get 1D-MH.  That is because
HylaFAX chooses a very conservative data format for the first call to an
"unknown" receiver.  Once it knows that the receiver can handle 2D-MR
and 2D-MMR, (it saves it in the info entry), it will use the best format
for following calls.  It does this to save a call.  If it had chosen
2D-MMR, and called, and the receiver only takes 1D, it would have to
hang-up, reformat, and call again...  Until we get RTFCC into hylafax,
it will likely stay that way.  (Of course, you can probably work around
that with destctrls)

Can you check that once 2D-MR is in the info file, it will attempt to
use it on sending?

a.
aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,