Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech ZBA

Kevin P. Fleming said:
> An Intrepid HylaFax User wrote:
>
> > I assume I have current firmware?  Is there "beta" firmware
> that you were
> > referring to?
> >

> I was in the same situation. You'll have to look at HylaFAX logs or
> ask the modem directly to find out what version of firmware is in it.
> The modem I purchased (two months ago) was also made in March/April
> timeframe, but did not have the February firmware loaded.

It has been my experience with modems, and virtually anything else, that
firmware updates are not applied when the device is manufactured, seems to
be pretty much standard practice. Whatever the chips have on them when they
are made is what is delivered. I suppose someone rationalized that if you
can ship an OS that requires +50MB of updates when you install it, its okay
to ship a modem that requires a few Kb of updates :)

Josh