Re: [hylafax-users] Is there something special about "10 pages" in outgoing fax jobs?

> > (apologies, but if you decide to grace us with your name, I'll know how
> > to address you in the future ';-) )
>
> Rob.

Hey Rob, pleeezed t'meetchya.

> > Please repeat your tests without RTFCC or V.34 enabled by changing your
> > config file to read:
>
> I don't think I'm connecting at anything other than 14.4 with these
> endpoints, but I'll try out what you suggest.

Oh well, it was worth a shot ;-)

> > Class2RTFCC:            no   # my modem reports non-zero data to this
> > but I'm too scared to use it
>
> Cute. :)

Ta.

> What is RTFCC?

The ability to convert the fax image between MH, MR and MMR compression "on
the fly" in order to negotiate the highest level of compression with the
remote device. It's a standard feature on higher-end gear, and occasionally
found on faxmodems. MultiTech's implementation is well supported in HylaFAX
thanks to close cooperation between Steve Tuckner and folks like Lee,
Patrice, etc.

> Wow, you're prowling these mailing lists late, Darren. :)

That was early!

-d