Re: [hylafax-users] Going through recent archives....

> There's metric and inch-based resolutions.  For the metric resolutions
> (normal, fine) you need to examine them with metric values for them to
> make any sense.

Actually, that wouldn't make them any more rational... since converting
metric<->inches is just a constant factor, which comes out in the wash.  The
ratio of vres to hres would still be "strange".

Anyway, I'm sure the ITU had some bizarre "reasons" for it.

> Not recent at all (ten years old, maybe?)... but these standards take a
> while to get into manufacture and usage.  And increasing resolution
> increases time off-hook, and that increases phone bills, and such
> things are hard to sell.

Fair enough.

=R=