From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen Arnold
Sent: 08 October 2003 17:38
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] ModemGroups

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 09:20, Bill Comer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to understand how to use modemGroups.
> I currently have just two modems on a system that will be used for
> outgoing only, but intend to have a lot more when the system is roled
> out.
>
> I need to have one modem dedicated for test purposes so I have added
> the following to my 'config'.
>
> ModemGroup:             "test:ttyds0"
> ModemGroup:             "any:ttyds1"
>
> However I am unclear how to control which modem or group of modems my
> outgoung fax will go to. There appears to be no relevant options to
> sendfax.

It's not mentioned in that many places (or in big BOLD PRINT) but the
sendfax man page mentions it briefly in the -d option:

> -h [modem@]host[:port]
>    Force the jobs to be processed  on  a  specific  host  and,
>    optionally,  using  a  particular  modem.   The host may be
>    either a symbolic name or a  network  address.   If  no  -h
>    option  is supplied, sendfax uses the FAXSERVER environment
>    variable to identify the HylaFAX server to which  the  jobs
>    should be directed.  If no server is specified then sendfax
>    attempts to contact a server on  the  local  host.   If  no
>    modem is specified, the job will be submitted to any avail-
>    able modem.

I know it works with the modem device name, but I haven't seen a
reference to this working with a modem group (but it sounds logical to
me).

Try it and see (then post your results).

HTH, Steve

--
Stephen Arnold <arnold.steve@xxxxxxxxx>
ENSCO, Inc.

/dev/null
  *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx*