Re: [hylafax-users] ModemGroups

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 09:20, Bill Comer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to understand how to use modemGroups.
> I currently have just two modems on a system that will be used for
> outgoing only,
> but intend to have a lot more when the system is roled out.
>
> I need to have one modem dedicated for test purposes so I have added the
> following to my 'config'.
>
> ModemGroup:             "test:ttyds0"
> ModemGroup:             "any:ttyds1"
>
> However I am unclear how to control which modem or group of modems my
> outgoung fax will go to.
> There appears to be no relevant options to sendfax.

It's not mentioned in that many places (or in big BOLD PRINT) but the
sendfax man page mentions it briefly in the -d option:

> -h [modem@]host[:port]
>    Force the jobs to be processed  on  a  specific  host  and,
>    optionally,  using  a  particular  modem.   The host may be
>    either a symbolic name or a  network  address.   If  no  -h
>    option  is supplied, sendfax uses the FAXSERVER environment
>    variable to identify the HylaFAX server to which  the  jobs
>    should be directed.  If no server is specified then sendfax
>    attempts to contact a server on  the  local  host.   If  no
>    modem is specified, the job will be submitted to any avail-
>    able modem.

I know it works with the modem device name, but I haven't seen a
reference to this working with a modem group (but it sounds logical to
me).

Try it and see (then post your results).

HTH, Steve

--
Stephen Arnold <arnold.steve@xxxxxxxxx>
ENSCO, Inc.