Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax use only one of two modems

Thanks, normally I use the server only to send faxes, but I saw there is running faxgetty with ttyS0. And I do not find a way to stop it or to cancel it.

In the setup files I do not find an entry for faxgetty. How can I stop faxgetty or cancel it from this configuration?

If I send an fax now I got the message:
Unable to setup session parameters prior to call (modem command failed)

Regards
Christian

[snip]

>> is it still possible to talk to the modem with minicom ?
>
> Yes I can talk with minicom and also I can dial and get connected with
> minicom
>
> But now I have the same message on the first modem: (without changing
> anything) Waiting for modem to come ready and the messages in the
> sendq are not sent

Try the 'faxstate' command after 'faxmodem'; if you're not running a
getty to initialize the comm port/fax, then this is required.  If you're
running in the default send/receive mode (ie, with a controlling getty)
then I'm not sure what to tell you.  My experience so far has been to
re-run the configuration stuff, which seems to be the only way to
straighten things out (at least for my setup).

Here's my general troubleshooting sequence (it's basically the same as
the initial setup) run the following:

faxsetup <- previous settings will be confirmed.

faxaddmodem <- re-enter tty devices for each modem (at the prompts)
and accept default flow-control scheme.  Confirm previous settings.

faxmodem -c '(0,1),(0-5),(0-2),(0-2),(0,1),0,0,(0-7)' ttyS0 <- run
the appropriate command for each modem.

Now test sending a fax with sendfax (it should work).  If it
doesn't, do (on RedHat):

'/sbin/chkconfig --list hylafax' <-  Make sure the init script is
set to run at the appropriate runlevel.

'service hylafax restart' <- restart the hylafax daemons.

faxstate -n ttyS0 <- initialize each device.  This is required when
running without a controlling getty process (ie, a send-only
environment).

Test sendfax again.  If sendfax works, test another client on the same
machine.  If sendfax doesn't work, then something else is wrong. Check
modem power, destination fax number, and all that stupid stuff (grep
logs for hylafax messages).

If all that works, then most other clients should also work; the only
other thing that bit me a little was the hosts.hfaxd stuff (you'll need
to allow your network clients access to the Hylafax services).

HTH, Steve

--
Stephen Arnold <arnold.steve@xxxxxxxxx>
ENSCO, Inc.