[hylafax-users] Hylafax on AIX 5.1

Hello,

Hylafax 4.1.7
AIX 5.1
gcc/g++ 3.3.1
tiff 3.5.7
zlib

We had difficulties in making hylafax on this platform.
Changes made detailed below.

We only required the client side on AIX, the server being Linux.
The client programs appear to be OK
Let me know if anything else would be helpful.

Mike

<Change Notes>
Two directories are giving issues:

faxd:

Changed in GettySysV.c++

#define utmp          utmpx
#undef  ut_time
#ifdef __linux__
#ifdef __GLIBC__
#define ut_time       ut_tv.tv_sec
#endif
#else
#define ut_time       ut_xtime
#endif

#define utmp          utmpx
#undef  ut_time
//#ifdef __linux__
//#ifdef __GLIBC__
#define ut_time       ut_tv.tv_sec
//#endif
//#else
//#define ut_time       ut_xtime
//#endif

as /usr/include/utmpx.h has struct member ut_tv rather than ut_xtime.

Also changed the function

void
SysVGetty::writeWtmp(utmp* ut)
{
   // append record of login to wtmp file
#if HAS_UTMPX
   updwtmpx(_PATH_WTMPX, ut);
#else
   int fd = Sys::open(_PATH_WTMP, O_WRONLY|O_APPEND);
   if (fd >= 0) {
      Sys::write(fd, (char *)ut, sizeof (*ut));
      Sys::close(fd);
   }
#endif
}

void
SysVGetty::writeWtmp(utmp* ut)
{
   // append record of login to wtmp file
//#if HAS_UTMPX
//   updwtmpx(_PATH_WTMPX, ut);
//#else
   //int fd = Sys::open(_PATH_WTMP, O_WRONLY|O_APPEND);
   int fd = Sys::open("/var/adm", O_WRONLY|O_APPEND);
   if (fd >= 0) {
      Sys::write(fd, (char *)ut, sizeof (*ut));
      Sys::close(fd);
   }
//#endif
}

as updwtmpx is not defined on this platform. Hopefully this will not cause
any problems.

util:

Some of these needed the C++ compiler and/or inclusion of cvtfacility.c. See
the faxmsg.sh faxadduser.sh faxmodem.sh faxconfig.sh faxdeluser.sh and
faxstate.sh files. in the util directory.

Rest compiles fine. I haven't done a make install.

Mike Harvey
mike.harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ph: +64-9-3023762, Fax: +64-9-3023784, Mobile: 027-5759915
http://www.quanta.co.nz

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.