Re: [hylafax-users] client project proposal and pyla

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 19:34, Stephen Arnold wrote:

Andrea, are you satisfied with the tk GUI part, ie, are you happy with both the code and
> UI design?
Well, the TkInter libraries of Python are really easy to learn and use
and are already included in most Python distribution.
The cons are that the widget set is really poor compared te wxPython or
PyGtk.
I used TkInter mainly because I want to install Pyla on Windows machines
quickly, without installing a lot of external modules and so on.
If someday wxPython becomes the standard UI library, I'll be glad to
port Pyla to that.
> Has there been any discussion of a follow-on project, or is it more or
> less done?
Pyla is done. It needs a lot of debugging and maybe some improvements,
obviously, but I don't think it's going to change much in the future.

> The screenshots and description look promising, but it doesn't mention
> how the address book works, in at least one respect: can pyla do batch
> jobs, ie, can it send the same fax to a group of numbers from the
> address book?  This is possible with the tkHylafax Batch lists.
Yes, the address book permits to select a list of recipient from several
LDAP directories. The only problem is that the cover sent is the same
for each recipient.

Bye.