Re: [hylafax-users] client project proposal and pyla

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 09:45, Andrea Nicolini wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 18:29, Stephen Arnold wrote:
[snip]

> > However, I've been writing some python code lately, and I would be
> > interested in doing a modern replacement for tkhylafax in python.  I'm
> > not sure yet about the GUI part; there's the basic pytk stuff, as well
> > as pyqt and pygtk.  I checked out the glade UI designer a little (nice
> > article in a recent LJ), which looks very nice.  Plus, it could be more
> > or less cross-platform (at least to anything with python).

> I already did that!
> If you are interested in a Python/Tkinter client take a look here:
> http://www.teamsw.it/pyla
>
> You can also use that as an example for your own developement.

Thanks for all the replies; I admit to blurting out my thoughts without
any pre-googling, but I don't recall seeing that one on the Hylafax
clients page (but I haven't looked closely in the last few months).

I'll check out the above python code in detail as soon as I get a
chance, but for now, how does everyone like it?  Andrea, are you
satisfied with the tk GUI part, ie, are you happy with both the code and
UI design?

Has there been any discussion of a follow-on project, or is it more or
less done?

The screenshots and description look promising, but it doesn't mention
how the address book works, in at least one respect: can pyla do batch
jobs, ie, can it send the same fax to a group of numbers from the
address book?  This is possible with the tkHylafax Batch lists.

I guess I need to do some more homework, but you haven't heard the last
from me... :)

Steve