[hylafax-users] FW: AS400 FAXING

You could also look into going PDF instead of tiff on the AS400 then on
hylafax could do the pdf to tiff/fax conversion.
PDF on the AS400 is pretty easy once you get the right tools, there are afew
out there.  I forget which we use, but it will convert a spoolfile to a PDF
document that we can then have e-mailed.  The PDF would allow you to pull
out information from it still since it is just specially formatted text, you
could likely pretty easily do that with awk or something like that, ftp the
pdf to the linux machine (or from the AS400) to find your documents to fax
and then process them.

We aren't doing that though so I couldn't help too much with that, we
started to research it, but then purchased an AS400 fax/e-mail solution
(FastFax).  Personally I think it is pretty junky, the faxes are very low
res, and the e-mails are just the low res fax image file converted to a pdf
and e-mailed, so it is even poorer quality.  But we needed a way to process
the Formsprint output to fax and e-mail and it does do the job, I know we
could have figured it out, but they wanted it rather quickly.