Re: [hylafax-users] Eicon DIVA PRI card

Hi

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 00:58, Chris Parsons wrote:
> We use it here. I struggled with the capi gear and gave up. Currently we are

The capi stuff seems to be quite capable, but this being unix, a TTY
interface is vastly preferable! :)

> Firstly you will need to compile a new kernel including the eicon drivers.

The kernel I've got has the patches that eicon sent me included, I
assume that's correct? (their tarball was called kernel-103-420.tgz)

> ISDN Support Y

Had that one already.

> Support Audio via ISDN Y
> Support AT Fax Class 1 and 2 Commands
> X.25 PLP on top of ISDN

Didn't have these ones enabled.

> ISDN Features: All no.
> Passive ISDN Cards: All no.

Check

> Active ISDN Cards:
> Legacy EICON Driver: Y

I don't see that in the 2.4.20 kernel config, with or without the eicon
patches, unless it's CONFIG_ISDN_DIVAS_DIVA2I4L?

> Eicon PCI Diva Server BRI/PRI/4BRI Support: Y
> Everything Else here: no.

Got those too.

> This will load and start the card.

How is the card then presented? A bunch of ttys in /dev or some kind of
single device?

> I hope some of this helps.

All of it helps, thanks very much for your help. That goes for the other
people who replied too.

If I can get this figured out I'll whip up a little HOWTO to help
others.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones