Re: [hylafax-users] USR External Class2.0 PPP Baud rate problems

On 2003.09.11 15:10 11th Street Lodging B&B wrote:
I have been working for months trying to get this right.

I have the latest version of Hylafax talking to a new USR External modem. I require incoming fax and data (PPP) calls. It seems common that Fax won't work properly with DCE speeds exceeding 19200 but of course DATA calls require the DCE speed to be 115200.

This shouldn't be the case. The USR and your OS *should* be able to handle 'ModemRate: 115200' in the config file. Essentially this controls how fast TCF and TIFF image data is sent to the modem from HylaFAX. So, as long as the modem handles the flow control (XON/XOFF by default with USRs, I think), then all should be okay. What problems do you have at 115200 baud?

Lee.