[hylafax-users] USR External Class2.0 PPP Baud rate problems

I have been working for months trying to get this right.

I have the latest version of Hylafax talking to a new USR External modem. I require incoming fax and data (PPP) calls. It seems common that Fax won't work properly with DCE speeds exceeding 19200 but of course DATA calls require the DCE speed to be 115200.

I have the modem idling in CLASS2.0 and can successfully receive faxes and PPP calls with DCE at 19200. I can use the ModemAnswerDataBeginCmd to change the DCE speed to 115200 but it does not seem to change the computer to computer connection speed up to 56k. It stays at the connection speed of 19.2k. However if I up the DCE speed to 115200, the computer to computer connection speed increases to 28.8k (I still haven't been able to achieve 56k) but I can not seem to get the ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd to correctly lower the DCE speed to allow for a successful reception of a fax.

Should I set the DCE speed to 19200 or 115200?
Should I use the ModemAnswerDataBeginCmd to raise the DCE and connection speed? If os, how?
Should I use the ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd to lower the DCE speed? If so, how?
I have not been able to get data connection speeds to exceed 28.8k. Any suggestions?

These probably seem like stupid questions and I have searched the archive until I am blue in the face. Can anyone help?

--
John
11th Street Lodging B&B