Re: [hylafax-users] flow control with MT5634ZBA

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:42:13 -0700, Lee Howard <faxguy@howardsilvan.com>
wrote:

>> /var/log/messages:Aug 27 21:11:58 b kernel: ttyS1: 1 input overrun(s)
>
>I would blame this on the kernel serial driver.  I would also blame the
>wedged problems on it.
>I use a number of MT5634ZBA-V92 modems now with 1.28c firmware with
>XON/XOFF flow control, and Linux Kernel 2.4.20 (not RedHat's).

kernel is 2.2.x and cannot be changed due to various reasons.
You would try hardware flow control or it may cause more damages (I see all
fax progs usually use soft flow, don't know why)?

I have no weird serial drivers.

Thanks.

--
giulioo@pobox.com