Re: [hylafax-users] Weird tiffcp conversion failure problem

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:17:01 -0700, "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming@cox.net>
wrote:

>1) HylaFAX wants to convert the outbound FAX using tiffcp because it
>thinks "the destination doesn't support 2D MMR". However, we receive
>FAXes in 2D MMR with this modem all the time, why can't we give it 2D
>MMR for sending?
I think the first time you call a dest it's this way, then it records
supportsMMR:yes in info/<faxno> and won't try to convert it.

Since that multitech supports realtime compression conversion (if you
uncomment Class2RTFCC:            yes in config), maybe HylaFAX will send
the modem whatever it gets, but I'm not sure.

>2) The tiffcp conversion fails with an error code of 9. I did a quick
>search of the archive for this problem, found only one other mention
>of it and no solution was posted... I'm using tiffcp from
I had the same problem (seems Windows produces a tiff with a tag unknown to
linux libtiff), HylaSP author said it would look into it.

--
giulioo@pobox.com