Re: [hylafax-users] flow control with MT5634ZBA

On 2003.08.28 06:38 Giulio Orsero wrote:

> /var/log/messages:Aug 27 21:11:58 b kernel: ttyS1: 1 input overrun(s)

I would blame this on the kernel serial driver.  I would also blame the
wedged problems on it.

I use a number of MT5634ZBA-V92 modems now with 1.28c firmware with
XON/XOFF flow control, and Linux Kernel 2.4.20 (not RedHat's).

I suppose it could also be a fault of the modem, though.  It's been a
long time since I've seen this error, and I cannot remember if I ever
determined the cause.  Make sure you've no pseudo-serial drivers
running (ptserial.o, lt_serial.o, etc) for Linmodems.

Lee.