[hylafax-users] How to enable ECM?

It appears that the default values for modem parameters are:

AT+FCC=1,5,2,2,3,0,0,0,0

I'd like to enable ECM, by turning the sixth paramter to a "1".
The modem is working in 2.0 fax mode.
I tried writing the default into the modem itself, but this didn't
work.  It appears that hylafax overrides the modem values and
places its own.  I've looked in config.ttySN and the config files
in /usr/lib/fax but can't see anywhere to change this.

How do I turn on ECM?

Thanks,

George