Re: [hylafax-users] Wedged modem, sign of long term problems?

On 2003.08.26 12:27 Cameron Clark wrote:

> Aug 26 05:53:43 fax FaxGetty[841]: RECV FAX: bin/faxrcvd
> "recvq/fax00093.tif" "ttyS0" "00000099" "Unspecified Phase C error,
> including too much delay between
> TCF and +FDR command" "" ""
> Aug 26 05:54:58 fax FaxGetty[841]: /dev/ttyS0: Can not initialize
> modem.

You'll want to bring this up with MultiTech.  The session log may be
useful to them as well as any information on how to reproduce it.

> As you can see, its a Multitech MT5634ZBA external modem, the best
> available according to my browsing of these list archives. It appears
> that
> the firmware (1.28c) is the latest. This is the first time this
> problem has
> occured, it took a reboot of the server and the modem to bring it back
>
> online.

It probably would have only required power-cycling the modem... and
perhaps restarting faxgetty.  Rebooting the server was unnecessary.

> The modem was purchased new about 2 weeks ago. How can I look
> into
> the cause of this further? Anyone have the same issues with similar
> hardware? So far its been fine...

Bring it up with MultiTech, I'm sure they're interested in getting any
issues like this resolved.  If it happens too frequently before it is
resolved, then there's always Class 1.

Lee.