Re: [hylafax-users] REMOTE HANGUP: No response to EOP repeated 3

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:14:12AM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:

[...]
> >I suggest that the code be changed so that if all pages have been
> >successfully
> >transmitted, that +FHNG be a "success" response to AT+FET=2.
> >
> >What does everyone think about this as a proposed solution?
>
> This would be a grave mistake, I believe, since it assumes the last
> issue on the list I gave when it may, if fact, be any of the others,
> some of which would consequently prevent the image from being received
> by the receiver at all.

How about making it a tweakable (ie configurable) solution, leaving it
to the deployer to decide whether they're willing to live with the
possibility of a non-receipt.

Personally, I believe it's easier to deal with 1 or 2 requests to
resend than the more severe complaint of "Stop flooding my fax machine".

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@mobiledatanow.com>
Mobile Data Now                     Tel: +64-9-636-8014