Re: [hylafax-users] Blocking calls based on DNIS/DID

Lee,

Thank you for your quick reply.  At the risk of
expiring the welcome you extended to me, I still have
a couple of questions to ask regarding the specifics
of how DNIS/DID-based blocking would work.

> Yes.  HylaFAX's faxgetty will not answer incoming
> calls when the
> DID/DNIS matches a "blocked" configuration.

In reading through the documentation and the mailing
lists, I only saw how blocking would be accomplished
based on Caller ID and/or sending fax machine ID.  I
would assume that the first may be possible without
answering the call, but not the second.

In my case, I am trying to block a call based on
DNIS/DID.  I could not find any info on DNIS/DID,
except how to route a fax once it has been received
based on these values.  Please be kind enough to point
me in the right direction so that I know where to
look.  Also, if you have any technical reasons for
choosing DNIS over DID (or vice versa), I would
appreciate hearing about it, so that we could bring
that into the decision making process.

> If you're anticipating on doing or able to do coding
> then you'll want
> to make sure that you have source code access to
> whatever product you
> end up using.

It is exactly for this reason that I am so excited
about the Hylafax product.  I was thinking that
whatever additional functionality I may require, I
could add myself, and thereby return something to the
community.  Based on your statements, it seems that
you guys may have already taken care of the issues
that are most important to me.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.
Mazi.